Monday, January 24, 2011

Six little HUGE impact words

Recently a very close and dear friend of mine gave me some very powerful advice that I have come to adapt into my everyday decision making. What he had said to me was "What’s the worst that could happen?" Yes I know looking at those 6 little words really does not seem like a big deal, but trust me they can have a HUGE impact on how you look at things. For example, say you were to lose your job tomorrow?  "What’s the worst that could happen?" Yes there are many things that can happen but thinking this way also allows you to see what wonderful things you truly already have in your life. So if I lost my job tomorrow... I could very well end up losing my home, but you know what? Is that really the worst thing that could happen? I have friends and family that I know would without a thought be there for me to help me out. I would eventually find another job and life would go on. Let's say you’re in a relationship that has grown to one of comfort and convenience but you are too afraid to leave it? So let’s think about that, if you were to leave the relationship, "What’s the worst that could happen?" Yes I know life can be scary, but it can be really fun too and I think that too many of us are too afraid to take chances that we are cheating ourselves of wonderful happeneings around us. So the next time you are too afraid to take that next step, I implore you to say to yourself or even out loud "What’s the worst that could happen?" and you never know, it may just change your life!

Yours Truly,

~Google Girl~

2 comments:

  1. Great post! More people need to learn this lesson. So many people are taught failure is bad and with that become to scared to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonight I felt horrible about my mom missing her appointment but the worst that could have happened was she could have taken a more serious fall than the one she did and landed on pavement instead of ME (yes I was the cushion!) but this a good work Shannon! XO NYNG

    ReplyDelete